"Mbappé's turning into Neymar": Dugarry blasts PSG star's attitude
Christophe Dugarry has criticised the PSG forward's post-match comments against Club Brugge and compared his "individualist" attitude to that of Neymar.
Kylian Mbappé has yet to start a game for PSG in the Champions League this season, having been left on the bench on all three occasions so far amid concerns over his fitness following a muscle injury.
Despite playing just 40 minutes against Club Brugge on Wednesday evening, the French striker managed to bag a hat trick and provide an assist in the 5-0 trouncing of the Belgian side in Paris.
However, coming on to make such an outstanding contribution was not enough for the 20-year-old forward and in the post-match conference, he expressed his discontent over not starting the game.
"I wanted to start. I thought about playing from the start. It's the coach's decision and you have to accept it. I wanted to show again that it's hard to do without me,” said Mbappé, who has sat out six games this season because of a muscle issue and not started a game for PSG since August.
Dugarry: Mbappé’s comments were clumsy
The Paris-born player’s comments have not gone down too well with ex-France international and media pundit Christophe Dugarry, who compared Mbappé’s perceived selfish attitude to that of his Brazilian team mate Neymar
“It was clumsy,” Dugarry told French radio channel RMC.
“I'm being a bit hard, but I don't want my dreams to be broken with Mbappé. I think he’s turning into Neymar. It comes across as an individualist focus.”
With his hat-trick against Brugge, Mbappé become the youngest player to score 15 goals in the Champions League at 20 years and 306-days old, surpassing the previous record held by Lionel Messi (21 years and 288 days).
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA 99% certain that Koeman will leave Barça claim RAC 1
- NBA 2021 NBA Play-In Tournament matchups
- NBA LeBron James set for Lakers-Warriors and tips Curry for MVP award
- TAX DAY 2021 Tax filing 2021: Which states have extended their deadline?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a new payment coming? IRS tax filing deadline, Child Tax Credit
- US NEWS Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...