£1m a goal: Alexis Sanchez staggering Man United bonus revealed
The Chilean striker earned a staggering £1 million bonus for each of the five goals he scored during his dismal spell at Manchester United.
Manchester United signed Alexis Sánchez to much fanfare in January 2018, handing the ex-Arsenal striker a contract worth £400,000-per-week plus bonuses in the hopes that he could help revive the flailing club.
But to say that his time at Old Trafford was a disappointment would be an understatement, with the Chilean international managing just five goals in 45 games before making the loan switch to Inter Milan at the end of August.
While his period at United was perhaps one of the most difficult of his career amid constant media and fan criticism, it was certainly easier on his wallet, with UK press revealing that the 30-year-old pocketed £5 million in bonuses despite his dismal performance for the Red Devils. And that came on top of his £26 million yearly salary.
As such, it works out that Sanchez earned a £1 million bonus for each of the mere five goals he scored for United, who were keen to unload the high-earning-yet-low-performing Chilean along with fellow striker Romelu Lukaku in the summer.
Sanchez fortunes haven’t turned at Inter
Both strikers are now at Inter Milan, with Lukaku moving on a permanent basis while loanee Sanchez already admitting he has no intentions of returning to United at end of the loan agreement in June 2020.
But the Chile forward’s fortunes have yet to turn in Italy, where he has bagged just one goal in what has been his only start to date for Inter against Sampdoria – a game which also saw him sent off and subsequently banned for the following crunch tie with Juventus.
And to make matters worse for the 30-year-old striker, he dislocated tendons while on international duty with Chile in mid-October, which has left him unavailable to Inter coach Antonio Conte until after the New Year.
Te recomendamos en English
- DISNEY+ Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- 2020 US ELECTIONS US elections: What's Trump's plan to deal with Coronavirus?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how could mail voting affect the result?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?