Lucas undergoes surgery to repair torn ankle ligament
The Bayern Munich defender underwent an operation to reconstruct a partially-torn internal ligament in his right ankle. The club haven't said how long he'll be out.
Bayern Munich defender Lucas Hernández underwent surgery at BG Hospital in Murnau this afternoon to repair damage to his right ankle. The France international suffered a partial tear to the internal ligament in his right ankle during Tuesday's Champions League meeting with Olympiacos.
Lucas Hernández is the second Bayern defender to suffer a serious injury during the past month - his injury comes just after Niklas Süle ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the league meeting with Ausburg. The club has not announced how long they expect former Atlético de Madrid player Lucas to be out for.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend