Lucas undergoes surgery to repair torn ankle ligament
The Bayern Munich defender underwent an operation to reconstruct a partially-torn internal ligament in his right ankle. The club haven't said how long he'll be out.
Bayern Munich defender Lucas Hernández underwent surgery at BG Hospital in Murnau this afternoon to repair damage to his right ankle. The France international suffered a partial tear to the internal ligament in his right ankle during Tuesday's Champions League meeting with Olympiacos.
Lucas Hernández is the second Bayern defender to suffer a serious injury during the past month - his injury comes just after Niklas Süle ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the league meeting with Ausburg. The club has not announced how long they expect former Atlético de Madrid player Lucas to be out for.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022