Lucas undergoes surgery to repair torn ankle ligament
The Bayern Munich defender underwent an operation to reconstruct a partially-torn internal ligament in his right ankle. The club haven't said how long he'll be out.
Bayern Munich defender Lucas Hernández underwent surgery at BG Hospital in Murnau this afternoon to repair damage to his right ankle. The France international suffered a partial tear to the internal ligament in his right ankle during Tuesday's Champions League meeting with Olympiacos.
Lucas Hernández is the second Bayern defender to suffer a serious injury during the past month - his injury comes just after Niklas Süle ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the league meeting with Ausburg. The club has not announced how long they expect former Atlético de Madrid player Lucas to be out for.
Te recomendamos en English
- Messi hat-trick a good way to celebrate Ballon d'Or – Barca boss Valverde
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez: Best goal of my career
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane has four options to fill left-back vacancy against Valencia
- BARCELONA Barcelona president agrees "three years could be enough for Valverde"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us