Jovic fails to grasp Zidane's tactical advice
Footage from Movistar shows player and coach on the touchline with Jovic apparently failing to understand Zidane's instructions in Spanish and English.
Luka Jovic was used by Zidane as a late substitute in the Champions League tie as Real Madrid secured a 0-1 win away to Galatasaray. Just before the player made his 82nd minute entrance, Movistar TV recorded of an exchange between the striker and French coach where it became evident that there was a lack of linguistic understanding between both men.
Zidane begins to tell Jovic that he is to come on for Rodrygo and says: "¿Estás entendiendo? (Are you understanding?) You ok?". Jovic makes an affirmative gesture and Zidane adds in English, "You attack, attack, that's all, lets go".
Jovic played a minor role in the eight remaining minutes in Istanbul and the Serbian striker is struggling to adapt to life in LaLiga after his big money summer move from Eintracht Frankfurt with the forward yet to score in his time in the white shirt.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side