PSG have some Neymar doubts ahead of contract talks
The Ligue 1 giants endured a challenging summer with their Brazilian star, and before they progress further negotiations, they need answers.
The fact that Neymar's future is unclear may not be a surprise to anyone reading this. But after a turbulent summer that had the Brazilian requesting a move away from Paris Saint Germain, he has since stated on multiple occasions that he did want to leave the French capital. This has PSG unsure about their next step.
Neymar: should he stay or should he go?
One of the options for the Ligue 1 champions is to put their complete trust in the Brazilian and sign him up on what would effectively be a contract for life, until 2025. This could help focus the mind of the 27-year old, setting him up as a leader of the team, and building in their own idea of how to price out other clubs from tempting him. If so, Neymar would unseat young Kylian Mbappé on the throne, and that would just add to the likelihood of the Frenchman moving to pastures new.
However, PSG have their doubts. And, forgeting the noises coming from 'Camp Neymar' about a desire to leave, those doubts arise from the constant injuries that the player has suffered ever since jumping the Barça ship. Right now the negotiations for a new contract are on hold. The club would prefer to wait until they are confident that the player is fully recovered from his latest knock. The coming months are likely to be decisive for the future of the boy from Sao Paulo.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Club América retain second place after victory against Tigres UANL
- Real Madrid 2-1 Barcelona Real Madrid: Benzema matches Cristiano Ronaldo scoring run
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA El Clásico: "Mendy fouled Braithwaite, it's a penalty" - Iturralde
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA Piqué confronts Gil Manzano, Modric ticks him off: "You've been waiting just to have a go at the ref"
- BARCELONA Barcelona still optimistic about title hopes despite Real Madrid defeat, says Koeman
- COVID-19 VACCINATION Publix Vaccine: how to sign up and get an appointment