Rodrygo gets first Brazil call up, no place for Vincius
Following his first competitive start for Real Madrid mid-week, Rodrygo has now got his first call up by Brazil coach Tite. But there is no place for Vinicius.
Real Madrid forward Rodrygo has been named in Brazil coach Tite's 23-man squad for their upcoming friendlies against Argentina and South Korea in mid-November.
It is the 18-year-old’s first-ever call up to the national senior team after having made his first competitive start for Real Madrid against Galatasaray on Tuesday, topping off a landmark week for the young player.
According to Brazilian outlet Uol, Rodrygo “has positioned himself” ahead of Vinicius in the mind of the national team coach and was one of the players that had received the most plaudits from Tite’s coaching staff in player evaluation meetings over the past few weeks in Río de Janeiro.
🇧🇷⚽ CONVOCADOS!— FOX Sports Brasil (@FoxSportsBrasil) October 25, 2019
Saiu a lista dos amistosos contra Argentina e Coréia do Sul! Gostou da lista, torcedor? pic.twitter.com/Z1wXvTYIly
Rodrygo surpasses Vinicius
In their evaluation, the Brazil coaching staff have deemed that Rodrygo has shown more maturity than Vinicius and his development and tactical knowledge is more advanced than his Real Madrid team mate, who received a call up in September for La Canarinha's friendlies against Colombia and Peru but misses out this time around.
Rodrygo will be accompanied by Madrid team mate Casemiro on the flight to Saudi Arabia to take on Argentina next month, while Marcelo has been left out of the squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford