Ter Stegen says he was ready to leave Barcelona
Barcelona and Germany goalkeeper sat down with 11Freunde to discuss the Liverpool loss, leaving the Camp Nou and his relationship with Manuel Neuer.
Marc-André ter Stegen, Barcelona's goalkeeper, did an interview with 11Freunde and spoke about Barcelona's current situation, that Liverpool loss and his relationship with Manuel Neuer.
Early stage of Barcelona career: "After my first year, I told the club in a very clear manner that I wasn't happy with my situation. After the second, I told them things couldn't carry on like this and I planned to sign for another club."
The loss to Liverpool: "We were all dismayed because we didn't have an explanation as to what happened. You ask yourself: 'How can I explain in a plausaible manner to my parents and my partner how we didn't qualify after winning the first leg 3-0?'"
Relationship with Manuel Neuer: "We have a good, professional relationship. We are athletes. We are two player who always fight to reach our goals. We are doing well in the Euros and on top of everything. The personal has nothing to do with the sporting situation. We are doing well not to mix those two things up."
Mistakes: "If I were to go crazy in my head for every error I made, I wouldn't be here, but sitting at home sad, and would have nothing to do with football. I would only be praying for the images to disappear from the internet. Sitting at home on your couch and jeering is easy. You can only make an error if you're on the field."
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night