Ben Yedder sends warning to Ligue 1 rivals: "I have no limit"
Wissam Ben Yedder scored his ninth goal of the season to move to the top of the Ligue 1 goalscoring charts after Monaco's 1-0 win at Nantes.
Wissam Ben Yedder has warned opponents that Monaco are building into their season nicely as they moved into the top half of Ligue 1 for the first time this season with a 1-0 win at Nantes.
The Tunisian striker is the league's top scorer after his ninth goal of the season proved to be the difference in the west of France on Friday night.
It was a fifth consecutive win for Monaco after a winless first six games where they conceded 14 goals, as Leonardo Jardim's men eye improvement after avoiding relegation by two points last season.
Ben Yedder's formidable partnership with Algerian striker Islam Slimani has been one of the reasons for Monaco's upturn and says there are no limits as he strives to get Monaco up the league.
"This is a deserved victory for Monaco but irresistible is a big word," he told reporters.
"I have no limit, I always try and do more and continue to score for the team and for me. I am very satisfied as it's always nice to score.
"We are working and building our game collectively to get good results.
"But the title of top scorer is not the most important thing. Monaco had a hard time last year and early in the season, but we try to come back little by little."
Goalkeeper Benjamin Lecomte said the club are still aiming to make a return to next season's Champions League.
"It's games like this that can revive us," he added.
"Psychologically this victory is very good. We will see if it launches our season, but the podium is the goal of our club."
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League The Sun: Raul Jimenez is in Arsenal’s radar
- Liga MX Liga MX is one of the top 5 most important leagues in the world
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS David Beckham’s Inter Miami looking to make six signings
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca