Pulisic scores perfect hat-trick for Chelsea
In his first start for Chelsea since August, the U.S. international quickly followed his first-ever goal for the Blues with two more in the game against Burnley.
Christian Pulisic has finally netted his first goal for Chelsea, repaying Frank Lampard’s confidence with a 'perfect' hat-trick (left-right-header) against Burnley after the Blues boss handed him his first start since August.
Following his strong 25-minute contribution in the 1-0 win over Ajax mid-week, which included his assist for Michy Batshuayi’s late winner, Lampard rewarded the U.S. international by naming him in his starting XI for the trip to Burnley on Saturday.
Pulisic scores Chelsea hat trick in 55 minutes
And the 21-year-old winger needed just 20 minutes to give his side the lead, as he dispossessed Burnley full back Matthew Lowton inside the host’s half and darted forward, before skipping past centre back James Tarkowski and drilling the ball into the bottom right corner.
The former Dortmund player’s second goal came 23 minutes later, when, again, he took the ball around Tarkowski around the edge of the box before striking a shot that was largely helped in by the boot of Burnley defender Ben Mee.
Pulisic quickly turned his brace into a hat-trick, this time getting on the end of a corner and scoring with a glancing header in the 55th minute to put the game well-and-truly game past the struggling hosts.
The young American player's third goal was immediatelty followed by another by Willian just two minutes later, as the Blues eventually ran in 4-2 winners after Burnley clawed two back two late goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona-Real Madrid Clasico: Barcelona-Real Madrid brace for Camp Nou protests
- Ligue 1 'PSG star Neymar provokes opponents and cries when kicked'
- SERGIO RAMOS Ramos: Let's create a Ballon d'Or just for Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo
- Transfer rumours Liverpool's Sadio Mané wanted as PSG's Neymar replacement
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Vinicius puts himself back on the map
- PSG PSG: Tuchel "is finished" after Mbappé spat, says Dugarry