Barcelona will make a decision on Riqui Puig in December
The midfielder will either remain with the reserves or go out on loan but he is very much in Barça's future plans. He's under contract until 2021 with an option of another two years.
Riqui Puig has been in the headlines over the past few days after a nasty challenge from Llagostera's Anselm Pasquina almost left him in the sickbay. The midfielder's future will be one of the topics to be discussed in the offices at Barcelona over the next few weeks. Puig is under contract until 2021 with the option of a two-year extension, taking him to 2023, and the talented young player is very much a part of Barça's future plans.
Eric Abidal and Ramon Planes will sit down with the 20-year-old to discuss whether it would be best for him to continue with the B team or go out on loan in the January transfer window. In the case of the latter, the options would be clubs in the Second Division - Zaragoza were keen to take him last summer, or alternatively, a loan to a club outside of Spain.
Last summer there was speculation that Riqui Puig could go out on loan. Ernesto Valverde, who handed the player starts in the first three games of the pre-season (against Chelsea, Vissel Kobe and Napoli) vetoed the idea, leaving the decision in the hands of the player and the club. Both parties agreed that Riqui should stay, training with the first team squad but playing for the reserves.
However, things have changed since then. Barça and the player are concerned about the Grupo III de Segunda B que han amenazado la integridad física del jugador, ha hecho reflexionar a las partes. También al jugador, cuyo perfil, muy liviano pese a la preparación física específica a la que está sometiendo el club, está amenazado en una categoría demasiado áspera como la Segunda División B. Lo fundamental en el relato sobre Riqui Puig es que su evolución no se frene. Eso es lo que se tratará el próximo mes de diciembre.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus check: what has Biden said and proposed?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Are the third stimulus checks included in 2021 IRS tax filing?
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer keeping 'fingers crossed' that Cavani stays at Man Utd
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Fastest US states to administer covid-19 vaccines
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker