Sergi Roberto back for Barcelona but still no Umtiti
The Barcelona manager has Roberto back for the Tuesday game against Real Valladolid but the French defender remains out with a knee injury.
Ernesto Valverde has Sergi Roberto back for Barcelona's midweek game against Valladolid. he extended his knee ligament a week ago but is back in contention AS understand. This leave Moussa Wagué with a very slim chance of playing. The young defender is the only player in the squad not to play a minute this season.
Samuel Umtiti will have to wait for his return. The defender hurt his knee after an impressive start against Eibar. Barcelona reported he was suffering from discomfort at training in the days after the game. It is the same knee that gave him serious problems last season. Doctors wanted to operate but the player didn't want to take that route.
This time they said it is a contusion in the knee that they are dealing with but there is concern that the injury he suffered last season and the current setback in his left knee could mean the issue never truly went away.
They also trained with Carles Pérez and Ansu Fati, both of whom are options for the game. Ousmane Dembele is out due to suspension and there is a place in the squad open. Fati could return after a month with no action.
Te recomendamos en English
- Rumour Has It Juventus target Man Utd's Van de Beek, Liverpool make bid for Ajax star
- Rumour Has It: Juve eye Man Utd's Van de Beek, Liverpool make bid for Ajax star
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Andy Robertson launches new charity in Scotland
- coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: how long since the first financial package was passed?
- US NEWS Who are Joe Biden's cabinet picks so far?
- US News What’s in the executive order Biden plans for undocumented migrants?