Paco Alcácer back training with Dortmund after calf injury
Paco Alcácer has scored five goals in six league appearances this season and could soon be back in action after suffering a double injury.
Borussia Dortmund have been boosted by Paco Alcácer's return to training following his recovery from a double injury. The Spain striker, who has scored five goals in six Bundesliga appearances for Lucien Favre's men this season, has been sidelined for almost a month with Achilles tendon and calf muscle problems.
Cup return for Alcácer?
Alcácer's most recent appearance came in Dortmund's 2-2 draw at home to Werder Bremen, but he participated in Sunday's training session, although the club would not confirm a date for his return to action. That could potentially come against Borussia Mönchengladbach in the DFB-Pokal on Wednesday or, should that game come too soon, when Favre's side face Wolfsburg at home in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
Dortmund missing Alcácer's goals
Alcácer's involvement would provide some much-needed firepower to a team that have scored just once in their past three outings.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?