Paco Alcácer back training with Dortmund after calf injury
Paco Alcácer has scored five goals in six league appearances this season and could soon be back in action after suffering a double injury.
Borussia Dortmund have been boosted by Paco Alcácer's return to training following his recovery from a double injury. The Spain striker, who has scored five goals in six Bundesliga appearances for Lucien Favre's men this season, has been sidelined for almost a month with Achilles tendon and calf muscle problems.
Cup return for Alcácer?
Alcácer's most recent appearance came in Dortmund's 2-2 draw at home to Werder Bremen, but he participated in Sunday's training session, although the club would not confirm a date for his return to action. That could potentially come against Borussia Mönchengladbach in the DFB-Pokal on Wednesday or, should that game come too soon, when Favre's side face Wolfsburg at home in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
Dortmund missing Alcácer's goals
Alcácer's involvement would provide some much-needed firepower to a team that have scored just once in their past three outings.
Te recomendamos en English
- DISNEY+ Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- 2020 US ELECTIONS US elections: What's Trump's plan to deal with Coronavirus?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how could mail voting affect the result?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?