Manchester United first team to score 2,000 Premier League goals
Manchester United scored their 2,000th Premier League goal against Norwich City at Carrow Road on Sunday.
Manchester United became the first team to score 2,000 goals in the Premier League when Scott McTominay struck against Norwich City on Sunday.
Scot Scott McTominay grabs Man Utd's 2,000th Premier League goal
The 22-year-old midfielder, a product of United's storied academy, fired a low strike beyond Tim Krul to put the Red Devils 1-0 up at Carrow Road after 21 minutes.
Arsenal sit second on the all-time list with 1,860 goals, while Liverpool (1,795) and Chelsea (1,793) are third and fourth respectively.
Welshman Mark Hughes opened Manchester United's account
2000 - Scott McTominay's goal was Manchester United's 2000th in the @premierleague with the Red Devils being the first team in competition history to reach this tally. Plentiful. #NORMNU pic.twitter.com/h89k6opTIX— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) October 27, 2019
Mark Hughes scored United's first Premier League goal in a 2-1 defeat to Sheffield United on August 15 1992.
Cristiano Ronaldo took the Red Devils up to 1,000 when he converted a consolation header in a 4-1 loss at Middlesbrough in October 2005.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check update: US coronavirus relief bill
- UFC UFC 254: Emotional Khabib announces retirement after beating Gaethje
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry