Own goal for LaLiga as new 'Pink Alert' winter ball is withdrawn
The ball was due to be used through to February 23 but given its poor visibility but will now only be used in extreme meteorological circumstances.
The new LaLiga Pink Alert winter match-ball created plenty of controversy this weekend with a high level of complaints from players, match going fans and television viewers complaining unanimously about its poor visibility.
At the end of the weekend's action LaLiga issued a communique stating that the new Puma ball will now only be used in conditions where extreme weather justifies its use, a significant u-turn from the official press release that accompanied the ball last week during its presentation where LaLiga stated that the ball would be used from October 24 through to February 23 (2020).
LaLiga sources confirmed to AS that they failed to receive any official complaints from any of their member clubs relating to the ball but that the source of frustration was supporters claiming that it was difficult to follow the path of the ball during match action which ultimately led to the decision to withdraw the "Pink Alert".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?