Real Madrid's Gareth Bale not training and travels to London
The capital club explained to Diario AS that the Welshman has been permitted to go to England for personal reasons. El Chiringuito caught up with him at the airport.
The Real Madrid squad began the week at their training complex in Valdebebas, preparing for their LaLiga match against Leganés on Wednesday evening at the Santiago Bernabéu. Welsh star Gareth Bale, however, did not form part of the group as he continues his recovery following injury in the last international break, and he was spotted at the airport by Spanish programme El Chiringuito.
Bale flies out to London
After the player was seen preparing to leave Madrid for the UK capital, the club confirmed to us at Diario AS that he had been given permission to travel for personal reasons.
Bale has been in a number of reports recently over this latest injury setback with concerns over his longer-term situation. The player's medical information has been kept secure, under data protection provisions, which has meant that only two of his last six injuries have been followed with further details. SER Deportes said last night that a related issue has been due to Bale's pain tolerance threshold.
No additional information has been shared as yet by player or club.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Has Zidane's luck run out?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Borussia Dortmund lose Haaland to hamstring injury
- GAMING Fortnite: How to get The Mandalorian skin with Baby Yoda in Season 5
- US election 2020 Who is William Barr and what has he said about the election fraud?
- F1 Mick Schumacher: The Ferrari academy graduates who made it to F1
- DIEGO MARADONA Maradona's inheritance: the fortune includes houses and cars