Andonovski replaces Ellis as USWNT head coach
Former FC Kansas City and Reign FC boss Vlatko Andonovski has been confirmed as the United States Women's new head coach.
Vlatko Andonovski has been named the new head coach of Women's World Cup winners the United States, replacing outgoing boss Jill Ellis.
Ellis stepped down in July after leading USA to a successful defence of their World Cup title in France.
US appointment "a huge honour", says Andonovski
US Soccer confirmed Andonovski as Ellis' successor on Monday, with the former FC Kansas City and Reign FC boss - who has coached in the NWSL for the past seven seasons - "honoured" to land the position.
"It's a huge honour and I'm very excited to get started with this group of players and staff as we work towards continued success for this programme," he said in a statement.
"All of the talented coaches and players that have come before have built a legendary tradition of excellence and I'm committed to working very hard to continue to move this programme forward."
Sweden up first for new US coach
Andonovski has experience of coaching USWNT veterans Megan Rapinoe and Becky Sauerbrunn.
The 43-year-old's first game in charge will come against Sweden on 7 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time