Guardiola wants Sociedad's Oyarzabal to replace Bayern-bound Sané
With the injured Leroy Sané still determined to join Bayern once he returns to fitness, Manchester City want Mikel Oyarzabal to replace him.
Manchester City are preparing to lose Leroy Sané and they have already identified his replacement in Real Sociedad’s Mikel Oyarzabal, according to Sky Sports Germany.
Sané was close to joining Bayern Munich last summer but lengthy negotiations between the clubs were stalled after the German international picked up a serious knee injury in the Community Shield in August.
However, the 23-year-old midfielder, who is not due back to return until February, is still reportedly determined to join Bayern Munich, according to Sky.
With Leroy Sané still wanting to leave and considering that City coach Pep Guardiola has said that he wouldn’t keep any player that doesn’t want to be at the club, everything seems to indicate that Bayern and City will agree a deal for the player once he returns to fitness – meaning a summer move will be the most likely.
Guardiola keeping tabs on Oyarzabal
Guardiola has been monitoring the most outstanding young players of LaLiga and Oyarzabal, who has played the last five games for Spain, is high on his list.
The Spanish winger has a clause set at 75 million euros, perhaps enough to scare off the bigger clubs of the Spanish league, but not financially resourceful City.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Pep Guardiola calls for Man City shutdown after UEFA decision
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mané looks to surpass Ronaldo, Dortmund prepare for Mbappé – UCL in Opta numbers
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Report links club with Facebook accounts aimed at damaging players' images
- MANCHESTER UNITED Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"