Guardiola wants Sociedad's Oyarzabal to replace Bayern-bound Sané
With the injured Leroy Sané still determined to join Bayern once he returns to fitness, Manchester City want Mikel Oyarzabal to replace him.
Manchester City are preparing to lose Leroy Sané and they have already identified his replacement in Real Sociedad’s Mikel Oyarzabal, according to Sky Sports Germany.
Sané was close to joining Bayern Munich last summer but lengthy negotiations between the clubs were stalled after the German international picked up a serious knee injury in the Community Shield in August.
However, the 23-year-old midfielder, who is not due back to return until February, is still reportedly determined to join Bayern Munich, according to Sky.
With Leroy Sané still wanting to leave and considering that City coach Pep Guardiola has said that he wouldn’t keep any player that doesn’t want to be at the club, everything seems to indicate that Bayern and City will agree a deal for the player once he returns to fitness – meaning a summer move will be the most likely.
Guardiola keeping tabs on Oyarzabal
Guardiola has been monitoring the most outstanding young players of LaLiga and Oyarzabal, who has played the last five games for Spain, is high on his list.
The Spanish winger has a clause set at 75 million euros, perhaps enough to scare off the bigger clubs of the Spanish league, but not financially resourceful City.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- Beirut explosion Beirut explosion: latest news live from Lebanon
- Beirut Explosion Seven-year-old ammonium nitrate shipment possibly caused Beirut explosion
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal make 55 redundancies as huge player investment targeted
- FC Barcelona "Messi says he wants to finish career at Barcelona" - Bartomeu