Zlatan Ibrahimovic's LaLiga return hint not what it seems
Ibrahimovic posted an Instagram Story that sparked speculation he could be about to return to the Spanish top flight...
A social-media post by Zlatan Ibrahimovic sparked speculation over a surprise return to Spanish football on Tuesday - but it all appears to have been a publicity stunt for a betting firm that employs him as a brand ambassador.
Ibrahimovic tells Spain he's "coming back"
Taking to Instagram, the 38-year-old Swede published a video in which he offered the enigmatic message: "Hello, Spain. Guess what? I'm coming back."
Ibrahimovic spent a year at Barcelona in 2009/10, scoring 22 goals in 46 appearances - and earning a LaLiga winners' medal - before leaving for AC Milan amid a rocky relationship with the Catalan giants' then-coach Pep Guardiola.
Zlatan out of contract at LA Galaxy in December
Having hit 53 goals in 58 games in his two seasons at current club LA Galaxy, Ibrahimovic is out of contract with the Major League Soccer side in December and is being heavily linked with a transfer back to European football.
Publicity for betting firm's arrival in Spain
Zlatan Ibrahimovic publicerade en video på spanska där han säger "Jag har återvänt". Många trodde det handlade om en ny klubbadress. Anledningen är att Bethard fått spellicens i Spanien. pic.twitter.com/ssvhG3OOHM— Alexander Ivanovski (@Ivanovski__) October 29, 2019
However, it seems that the star's Instagram post was not an announcement that he is moving to a LaLiga club, but was merely part of a publicity campaign for a betting company that is due to begin operating in Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week