"Gareth Bale is ecstatic to play for Real Madrid" - Barnett
Jonathan Barnett, the representative of Los Blancos Gareth Bale, spoke to Deportes Cuatro and said that 'people shouldn't believe everything they read'.
Gareth Bale travelled to London on Monday to meet with his agent, Jonathan Barnett, as reports flooded the media about problems associated with the player. His club, Real Madrid, came out to defend his disappearance, saying that they had given him permission to go, but all was not well.
Bale happy at Madrid, says Barnett
Despite separate parties saying the right things, the relationship between the Welshman and manager Zinedine Zidane has not been well for some time. After clear messages in the summer about him being surplus to requirements, he stayed - and performed well - before picking up another injury while representing Wales. He has not pulled on a shirt for Los Blancos since and the Spanish giants are willing to cut their losses and let him leave in January, to end the saga.
Following the London meeting, however, Barnett spoke to Spanish station Deportes Cuatro and gave a different view to everything else that is being said.
"Gareth is ecstatic to play for Madrid," assured the agent before responding to the story that a move to China is being worked on.
"China? Don't believe everything you read."
Bale arrived back in Madrid at 21:00 local time and is expected to be present at Valdebebas for training on Wednesday morning as he continues his recovery from injury. In the evening, Madrid welcome Leganés to the Bernabéu in LaLiga.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ligue 1 Mbappé and Neymar on target to secure PSG win
- Ballon d'Or Mane snubbed for being African, claims Kouyate
- REAL MADRID Sancho, Vinicius, Joao Felix: in that order for Zidane
- BARCELONA Barça renew Ansu Fati and increase release clause to €170M
- Rapinoe asks Ronaldo and Messi to 'help' in fight against racism, sexism
- REAL MADRID “Florentino's arrival at Madrid was a turning point for the club" - Butragueño