Visitors Seattle stun LAFC to reach MLS Cup final
Seattle Sounders made it through to their third MLS final after upstaging LAFC in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
Supporters' Shield champions LAFC had dominated throughout the season and broke records along the way, however, Bob Bradley's side came unstuck on Tuesday.
The visiting Sounders took control after Eduard Atuesta opened the scoring for LAFC in the 17th minute, with quick-fire goals from Ruidiaz and Nicolas Lodeiro putting Seattle ahead nine minutes later.
Seattle await winner of Atlanta-NYCFC
Seattle sealed their place in the November 10 final thanks to Ruidiaz's second goal of the match with 26 minutes remaining in Los Angeles – the Sounders to face either defending champions Atlanta United or Toronto in the decider.
Confidence was high at Banc of California Stadium after LAFC overcame city rivals LA Galaxy in an eight-goal thriller in the Western Conference semi-finals.
LAFC looked on track to reach their maiden final when Atuesta curled a stunning free-kick past Sounders goalkeeper Stefan Frei, however, that was as good as it got.
Ruidiaz scored a 22nd-minute equaliser following a brilliant moment of skill and Lodeiro's effort from outside the penalty area gave the Sounders the lead four minutes later.
Seattle's place in their third MLS Cup final, having won the title in 2016 and finished runners-up the following year, was secured when Ruidiaz completed his brace after the hour.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star Game live online: Team LeBron vs Team Durant
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star 2021: three point contest, slam dunk, Sabonis wins the Skills Challenge | live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 2021 NBA All Star: Eastern or Western team, who has won more times?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star 2021: who has won the most All-Star Game MVP awards?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star: who has won the most Slam Dunk Contests?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Unemployment benefits 2020: how much is the tax-free waiver?