Visitors Seattle stun LAFC to reach MLS Cup final
Seattle Sounders made it through to their third MLS final after upstaging LAFC in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
Supporters' Shield champions LAFC had dominated throughout the season and broke records along the way, however, Bob Bradley's side came unstuck on Tuesday.
The visiting Sounders took control after Eduard Atuesta opened the scoring for LAFC in the 17th minute, with quick-fire goals from Ruidiaz and Nicolas Lodeiro putting Seattle ahead nine minutes later.
Seattle await winner of Atlanta-NYCFC
Seattle sealed their place in the November 10 final thanks to Ruidiaz's second goal of the match with 26 minutes remaining in Los Angeles – the Sounders to face either defending champions Atlanta United or Toronto in the decider.
Confidence was high at Banc of California Stadium after LAFC overcame city rivals LA Galaxy in an eight-goal thriller in the Western Conference semi-finals.
LAFC looked on track to reach their maiden final when Atuesta curled a stunning free-kick past Sounders goalkeeper Stefan Frei, however, that was as good as it got.
Ruidiaz scored a 22nd-minute equaliser following a brilliant moment of skill and Lodeiro's effort from outside the penalty area gave the Sounders the lead four minutes later.
Seattle's place in their third MLS Cup final, having won the title in 2016 and finished runners-up the following year, was secured when Ruidiaz completed his brace after the hour.
Te recomendamos en English
- Election 2020 USA election 2020 Biden - Trump presidential debate live online
- US ELECTION USA election 2020: who won the first debate in 2016?
- Coronavirus Covid-19 surges continue in India as caseload surpasses 6 million
- US NEWS US elections 2020: who are the three moderators for the presidential debates?
- US ELECTION The Biden-Trump debate: what is the format and what topics will be covered?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news