Leganés novel training session ahead of Real Madrid
There were plenty of smiles at Leganés training ahead of their clash with Real Madrid in LaLiga with a gym ball assault course being set up by new manager Luis Cembranos.
Luis Cembranos is the new man in charge of Leganés for their trip across town to the Santiago Bernabéu on Wednesday night. The former Rayo B coach took over from Mauricio Pellegrino after a winless start to their season.
They lost seven and drew two of their first nine games with the final straw coming in a South Madrid Derby defeat to Getafe. Pellegrino, who felt as though it was time to leave, walked away before he was pushed.
Cembranos oversaw Lega's first win of the season against Mallorca last weekend and now they face the intimidating task of travelling to play Real Madrid, who are fresh after the Clásico was postponed at the weekend.
Their training preparation is novel to say the least. Leganés' Twitter account posted this video of their assault course like training with gym balls being kicked in the players' direction. Cembranos probably did it partly for the fun and partly to increase his players' awareness heading into the cauldron that is the Bernabéu on Wednesday night in LaLiga.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu