Juventus: Ronaldo returns to squad but Higuain, Pjanic out
Juventus have announced their 22-man squad to face Genoa and there is no place for injured duo Gonzalo Higuain and Miralem Pjanic.
Cristiano Ronaldo has returned to Juventus' squad for their Serie A clash with Genoa, but Gonzalo Higuaín and Miralem Pjanic miss out through injury.
Portugal superstar Ronaldo was rested for Juve's trip to Lecce on Saturday, a decision that backfired as the Italian champions were held to a 1-1 draw.
Head coach Maurizio Sarri defended his decision to overlook Ronaldo for selection but has recalled the 34-year-old for Wednesday's home match against Genoa.
However, there is no place in the 22-man squad for Higuaín, who came off worse in an aerial collision with Lecce goalkeeper Gabriel late in the match.
Pjanic has featured in every competitive game for Juve this campaign, meanwhile, but will miss out against Genoa after pulling up last time out, though the club have confirmed he did not suffer any muscular damage.
Aaron Ramsey is back after missing Juve's last three squads with a muscle injury, while Douglas Costa is also in contention following a seven-week absence.
Sarri's side trail Serie A leaders Inter by two points ahead of Wednesday's game in hand at Allianz Stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Arturo Vidal: "I will always carry Barça in my heart"
- Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham's 'plan Bale'
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez agrees to Atletico move, Morata back to Juventus
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?
- Emmy Awards Emmy Awards 2020: The list of winners