LA Galaxy not ruling out Ibrahimovic stay
LA Galaxy general manager Dennis te Kloese said the club will sit down for talks with Zlatan Ibrahimovic "once things have calmed down post-season".
LA Galaxy will hold talks with Zlatan Ibrahimovic next week as the enigmatic Swedish striker mulls over his next move.
Ibrahimovic, 38, is out of contract in December and appears to have plenty of options in Europe and beyond.
The former Inter, Barcelona and Manchester United striker has been linked with several clubs in Serie A and himself hinted at a return to Spain in a cryptic Instagram post.
A-League club Perth Glory have also confirmed their interest.
But, according to Galaxy general manager Dennis te Kloese, a third season in the United States is not yet out of the question.
LA Galaxy set post-season talks with Zlatan
"My deal with him, and I have known him for a long time, is to sit down with him after things have calmed down post-season and evaluate what is good for him, his family, his fitness and for us as well," Te Kloese told ESPN Deportes.
Ibrahimovic has shone since moving to MLS from Old Trafford, scoring 53 goals across two seasons, but his regular criticism of the playing standard has made waves.
"You all already know Zlatan," Te Kloese added.
"He is a topic all by himself, he is a unique character with so many facets, and I think he helped us this year, basically and obviously with the number of goals he scored, which was so impressive.
"And all of that we will be talking about, for sure, next week when he returns.
"He is a very mature athlete in that sense and so we will first and foremost be speaking like adults, and after that we will determine what is the best for all parties involved."
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news