Juventus striker Higuain returns to training ahead of Torino clash
Gonzalo Higuain missed Juventus' win against Genoa with a head injury, but he could be back in contention for Saturday's trip to Torino.
Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuaín is back in training ahead of Saturday's Derby della Mole showdown with Torino.
Higuaín was not part of Juve's squad for Wednesday's dramatic 2-1 victory over Genoa after coming off worse in an aerial collision with Lecce goalkeeper Gabriel last weekend.
The 31-year-old received medical treatment on the field and required stitches to his head after completing the remaining minutes of the match.
However, Juve confirmed on their official website that Higuaín trained with his team-mates on Thursday, meaning a possible return to action for the trip to city rivals Torino on Saturday.
Miralem Pjanic, also absent for the win against Genoa, worked separately from the group as he continues his recovery from a minor muscle injury sustained last week.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a 96th-minute penalty to help Juventus overcome Genoa, lifting them a point above Inter at the top of Serie A.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays