Juventus striker Higuain returns to training ahead of Torino clash
Gonzalo Higuain missed Juventus' win against Genoa with a head injury, but he could be back in contention for Saturday's trip to Torino.
Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuaín is back in training ahead of Saturday's Derby della Mole showdown with Torino.
Higuaín was not part of Juve's squad for Wednesday's dramatic 2-1 victory over Genoa after coming off worse in an aerial collision with Lecce goalkeeper Gabriel last weekend.
The 31-year-old received medical treatment on the field and required stitches to his head after completing the remaining minutes of the match.
However, Juve confirmed on their official website that Higuaín trained with his team-mates on Thursday, meaning a possible return to action for the trip to city rivals Torino on Saturday.
Miralem Pjanic, also absent for the win against Genoa, worked separately from the group as he continues his recovery from a minor muscle injury sustained last week.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a 96th-minute penalty to help Juventus overcome Genoa, lifting them a point above Inter at the top of Serie A.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Pochettino hopeful of having Neymar available for Coupe de France final
- BARCELONA Barcelona secure 500 million euro loan from Goldman Sachs
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit 2021: is there a maximum number of children who can receive payments?
- Champions League Manchester City to pay fans' travel costs for Champions League final
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Fulham: live
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Barcelona's Champions League win boosts women's football in Spain