Transfer rumours: Barcelona eye Martínez as Suárez replacement
Lautaro Martínez is on the front page of Mundo Deportivo as Barcelona look to the in-form Inter forward.
With Suárez now aged 32, the clock is ticking on his career at Camp Nou.
Barça are identifying potential replacements and have their sights on an Argentina international setting Serie A and Europe alight.
TOP STORY – MARTINEZ INTERESTS BARCELONA
LaLiga champions Barcelona are interested in Inter star Lautaro Martínez, reports Mundo Deportivo.
Ernesto Valverde's Barça are looking for a long-term replacement for Uruguay forward Luis Suárez, who turns 33 in January.
And the front page of Friday's newspaper says Argentina international Martínez fits the bill for Barça amid reported interest from Manchester United.
- Roma have opened talks with Manchester United about signing Chris Smalling permanently, according to the Express. Smalling is on loan from United and the English defender scored his first goal for Roma during the week. The Red Devils are reportedly seeking £17.2million (€20m).
- Remaining at Old Trafford and Sport Italia claims Paul Pogba was close to joining Paris Saint-Germain during the previous transfer window. Pogba was heavily linked to LaLiga giants Real Madrid and former club Juventus .
- Tuttosport says Juventus are ready to make another attempt to sign Real Madrid midfielder Isco. The Spain international has struggled for regular game time and Madrid are reportedly holding out for €70m. The Italian champions have also been linked to Manchester United teenager Tahith Chong, who is out of contract at the end of the season, via the Daily Mail.
- Barcelona's Arturo Vidal is ready to snub the Chinese Super League in favour for a move to Inter, says InterNews. Vidal continues to be heavily linked to a reunion with former Juve boss Antonio Conte at Inter, while Chinese giants Shanghai SIPG are reportedly interested.
- United could be set for a raid on Juve. Tuttosport claims the Old Lady will allow Emre Can to leave in January as United, Bayern Munich and PSG eye the Germany international.
- According to the Daily Mail, former Manchester United and Chelsea manager José Mourinho is the front-runner to replace Unai Emery at Arsenal. Emery is under mounting pressure in London.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?