PSG: Cavani considering January transfer as Tuchel opts for Icardi
The Uruguayan has been pushed out of the starting XI by the on-loan Inter striker and is out of contract next summer with Atlético among his suitors.
Edinson Cavani is consideriong his PSG future after finding himself increasingly warming the bench at the Parc des Princes with Thomas Tuchel placing his faith in on-loan Inter striker Mauro Icardi over the 32-year-old Uruguay international.
Cavani is PSG’s top scorer of all time and one of the club’s longest servants but the striker has failed to win back his place in the side after recovering from a hip injury. He was forced to watch from the bench as Kylian Mbappé destroyed Brugge in the Champions League and has been overlooked in favour of Icardi in PSG’s last two Ligue 1 outings with the Argentinean scoring three times in the fixtures against Nice and Marseille. When he was given a 19-minute run-out in Le Classique, Cavani was shunted out to the left wing.
Having been a regular starter ever since joining PSG from Napoli in 2013 for a fee of €64.5 million, Cavani is none too pleased to find himself surplus to requirements and is considering a January exit, according to L’Equipe. Icardi’s excellent form since his arrival in Paris has PSG eager to meet the fee Inter are asking to make the move permanent and at six years younger than Cavani it seems that the Uruguayan is being gently ushered out to pasture.
Cavani on Atlético, Inter Miami radar
Cavani’s contract expires next June and he will be free to negotiate a pre-contract in January but he may also consider a change of scenery in the new year if the right offer comes along. Atlético Madrid are long-term admirers and can offer continuity at the highest level with Diego Simeone in need of a proven goalscorer to offer more potency in his misfiring attacking line. Juventus have also been credited with an interest but that move seems unlikely as the Old Lady are already overstocked in the striking department and failed to shift Mario Mandzukic last summer.
Other options for Cavani are David Beckham’s Inter Miami, who are due to start competing in MLS in 2020, or a lucrative move to China.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?