Morata and Correa to lead Atlético's attack against Sevilla
Morata and Correa will spearhead the frontline at the Sánchez Pizjuán with Koke playing just behind. Trippier returns to the right-back slot. Diego Costa on the bench.
Atlético completed their final training at the Wanda de Majadahonda training complex this morning ahead of tomorrow's visit to the Sánchez Pizjuán. The squad will travel to Seville this evening, where they will spend the night. Simeone spent the morning trying out the team which is likely to face Julen Lopetegui's side - there were no changes to the line-up El Cholo put together for Thursday's session, which suggests that Diego Costa will start on the subs' bench. Costa worked alongside the players who are, in theory, Atleti's second string while the starting XI worked with Simeone. If the last two sessions are anything to go by, Morata and Correa will once again lead the attack. Playing just behind them, a midfield made up by Koke, Thomas, Saúl and Lemar. The Atlético captain looks set to return after starting onn the bench in Vitoria mid-week. At the back, Arias makes way for Trippier at right-back with Felipe, Hermoso and Lodi competing a flat back four.
Atlético fourth, Sevilla fifth
Three players: Savic, Giménez and João Félix were unable to take part in today's session. With just two wins from the last eight games, Saturday's meeting with Sevilla is vital for Atlético if they are not to lose any more ground at the top part of the table. Tuesday's 1-1 draw at Mendizorroza means that Atleti trail Barcelona by two points - bearing in mind that the azulgranas still have the rescheduled Clásico to play against Real Madrid as their game in hand. Sevilla, who are level on 20 points with Atlético are one place below in the standings on goal difference. Lopetegui's team go into the clash after a decent run of results, winning three and drawing one in their last four outings.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Zaha targeted by online racist abuse ahead of Villa game
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid and Barcelona take Liga title race to the wire
- GRANADA-REAL MADRID Zidane: Real Madrid coach's pre-Granada LaLiga press conference
- CORONAVIRUS US $600 unemployment benefits boost: what did Mnuchin say?
- USA Heatwave in California: what temperatures are expected and which cities are on alert?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news