Real Madrid - Betis: Vinicius back, Bale and James still out
Zinedine Zidane has recalled Vinicius Júnior to his squad after leaving the Brazilian out of Wednesday's 5-0 victory over Leganés.
Vinicius Júnior is back in Real Madrid's squad for this weekend's LaLiga clash with Real Betis, but Gareth Bale and James Rodríguez are yet to return to contention.
Brazilian left out of midweek thumping win over Leganés
Vinicius, 19, failed to make the matchday list for Wednesday night's 5-0 league victory over Leganés, which saw Los Blancos move back up to second in the Spanish top flight, one point behind leaders Barcelona.
Coach Zinedine Zidane has named a 19-man squad for Saturday's match at the Bernabéu, but will have to cut that group by one when he submits his final team sheet. Goalkeeper Diego Altube is almost certain to be the player omitted.
Odriozola, Vázquez, Brahim and Mariano left out
Zidane has opted not to include Álvaro Odriozola, Lucas Vázquez, Brahim Díaz and Mariano Díaz, while Bale is still injured and James remains unavailable for selection after travelling to his native Colombia for the birth of his second child.
The visit of Betis will be the fourth straight Madrid match missed by Bale, whose last appearance was the LaLiga win over Granada on 5 October. However, the forward was back out on the training pitch on Friday, completing a session of individual drills.
Real Madrid squad to face Real Betis:
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militao, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo and Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde and Isco.
Forwards: Hazard, Benzema, Jovic, Vinicius and Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?