Chelsea boss Frank Lampard addresses Giroud dilemma
Olivier Giroud has slipped behind Tammy Abraham and Michy Batshuayi in the striking pecking order at Stamford this season.
Frank Lampard has addressed the striking dilemma that he faces at Chelsea after Olivier Giroud was linked with a move away from the club during the week. The former Arsenal forward hasn't scored since August and has slipped behind an in-form Tammy Abraham and Michy Batshuayi in the pecking order.
Giroud lacking playing time at Chelsea
France manager Didier Deschamps has previously called on Lampard to give the 33-year-old more game time given his importance to the national team, and it's rumoured a return to Ligue 1 could be on the cards in January to maintain that position in France's attack. All three strikers will likely be involved at Euro 2020 this summer, but Lampard said that does not come into his thinking and he is focused on what happens at club level.
Dilemma for Lampard
"It's difficult for me and it's difficult for them. I have to care for all the players and pick a squad as I see it for the best of Chelsea as they do for their countries," he told reporters. "I have three strikers to pick from and I have to make choices, but I can't complain about any of their attitudes. Things will look different and that's where you need professionalism. I have had it from all of them. I would always have a conversation with a player who says they don't want to play for the football club. We are not at that point yet, so it's not one to discuss right now.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid