Ex-Real Madrid keeper Casilla facing 12-game ban for racism
The English FA is due to make a decision on the length of the Leeds stopper's ban after he allegedly racially abused Charlton's Jonathan Leko.
Former Real Madrid goalkeeper Kiko Casilla is facing a ban of between eight and 12 games if found guilty by an FA disciplinary panel of racially abusing Charlton Athletic forward Jonathan Leko while playing for Leeds in the Championship.
Casillas, who came through the ranks at Real Madrid before moving to Espanyol, then returned to the Bernabéu in 2015, allegedly aimed racial abuse at the DR Congo-born forward during Charlton’s 1-0 victory over Marcelo Bielsa’s side at The Valley on September 28.
Casilla could be banned until 2020
The incident was included in the referee’s match report and therefore handed to the FA for investigation. The English governing body has been coming down hard on incidents of alleged racism and Casilla, who denies the accusation, could be banned until 2020 if the panel decides there is enough evidence to warrant a ban.
Spanish interpreters have been brought in to examine footage of the alleged incident to try and determine exactly what was said during the exchange.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?