Pioli has faith AC Milan can turn season around
Stefano Pioli picked up his first win as AC Milan boss on Thursday and has confidence that his side can revive their Serie A season.
AC Milan boss Stefano Pioli has told his players to have faith in themselves if they are to turn their around their flagging Serie A campaign.
Milan up into top half of Serie A after first Pioli win
Suso's 63rd-minute free-kick earned Milan a 1-0 win over SPAL at San Siro on Thursday, giving Pioli the first victory of his fledgling reign at the third attempt.
A fourth win of the season lifted the Rossoneri into the top half of the division, six points adrift of a Champions League qualification berth.
Milan host fifth-place Lazio on Sunday and have tough games against Juventus and Napoli before the end of the month, but Pioli is looking up the table rather than down.
"We have to have belief," he told Sky Sport Italia. "If you believe in something, it becomes possible and you commit yourself day and night to obtain it.
"This has to be our attitude. We will see at the end of the season, but we must show spirit and determination."
Asked if victory against champions Juventus next week would act as a turning point in the season, Pioli said: "In the minds of the players, I think so.
"Beating a very strong team would increase our confidence. But first we have to beat Lazio to improve our position, then we will prepare for the match against Juventus."
Pioli's coaching methods have gone down well with Milan's players, Lucas Paqueta this week admitting to being "confused" by former boss Marco Giampaolo's tactics.
"I have confidence in all my players and put them in the right positions to express their quality," Pioli said. "I adapt to the characteristics of my players."
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch