Ben Arfa close to joining Nantes - L'Equipe
After being rejected by Patrick Vieira for Nice, the player has offered himself to Nantes, who could try to sign him on a free transfer.
Hatem Ben Arfa could be closing to joining Nantes. The France international, who has been without a club since leaving Rennes over the summer, is looking for a new home in Ligue 1 after failing to attract attention from the Premier League. The last club to have shown an interest were Nantes.
Vieira rules out Ben Arfa joining Nice
According to reports in L'Équipe, Nantes, who are currently second in the table in Ligue 1, could put in an offer imminently as coach Christian Gourcuff confirmed in yesterday's press conference. Patrick Vieira, coach at Nice, did rule out Ben Arfa joining as he felt he wouldn't fit into the side's passing game not long after the club president had hinted that they were interested in the player.
Former PSG and Newcastle forward Hatem Ben Arfa is keen to return to the French top flight and Nantes is one of the few clubs who could afford his wages.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona