Frankfurt thrash 10-man Bayern Munich 5-1
Eintracht Frankfurt crushed Bayern Munich on Saturday to send them tumbling to fourth in the Bundesliga, four points behind leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Eintracht Frankfurt crushed 10-man Bayern Munich 5-1 on Saturday to send them tumbling to fourth in the Bundesliga, four points behind leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach who won 2-1 at Bayer Leverkusen.
Boateng sent off
First-half goals from Filip Kostic and Djibril Sow put the hosts in the driving seat with Bayern down to 10 after the ninth minute dismissal of Jérôme Boateng with a red card for a foul. The Bavarians briefly cut the deficit in the 37th minute through top scorer Robert Lewandowski, who has now netted at least once in each of their 10 league games, but David Abraham restored Frankfurt's two-goal cushion in the 49th minute.
Paciencia completes Frankfurt rout
Martin Hinteregger's header on the hour made sure of the three points and Goncalo Paciencia completed a horrible afternoon for Bayern, piling more pressure on embattled coach Niko Kovac ahead of next week's big clash with Borussia Dortmund.
Elsewhere, 'Gladbach, on 22 points, increased their lead at the top to three over Dortmund who beat Vfl Wolfsburg 3-0
Te recomendamos en English
- FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY Man City CAS ruling "a disaster" and the end of FFP - Mourinho
- MLS Chicharito: LA Galaxy striker takes blame for Portland defeat
- LIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid urge fans to stay at home if Zidane's side win Liga title
- Coronavirus Bihar lockdown in India: dates, guidelines and restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): will I be taxed on my loan?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is known about the July payment?