Frankfurt thrash 10-man Bayern Munich 5-1
Eintracht Frankfurt crushed Bayern Munich on Saturday to send them tumbling to fourth in the Bundesliga, four points behind leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Eintracht Frankfurt crushed 10-man Bayern Munich 5-1 on Saturday to send them tumbling to fourth in the Bundesliga, four points behind leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach who won 2-1 at Bayer Leverkusen.
Boateng sent off
First-half goals from Filip Kostic and Djibril Sow put the hosts in the driving seat with Bayern down to 10 after the ninth minute dismissal of Jérôme Boateng with a red card for a foul. The Bavarians briefly cut the deficit in the 37th minute through top scorer Robert Lewandowski, who has now netted at least once in each of their 10 league games, but David Abraham restored Frankfurt's two-goal cushion in the 49th minute.
Paciencia completes Frankfurt rout
Martin Hinteregger's header on the hour made sure of the three points and Goncalo Paciencia completed a horrible afternoon for Bayern, piling more pressure on embattled coach Niko Kovac ahead of next week's big clash with Borussia Dortmund.
Elsewhere, 'Gladbach, on 22 points, increased their lead at the top to three over Dortmund who beat Vfl Wolfsburg 3-0
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford