Timo Werner stars as Leipzig take Mainz apart and leapfrog Bayern
The Germany striker scored a hat-trick and had three more assists as RB Leipzig beat Mainz 8-0 and went above Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga table.
RB Leipzig thrashed Mainz 8-0 and moved above Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga table as Germany international Timo Werner had a hand in six goals.
Julian Nagelsmann's team were 5-0 up at the interval after Marcel Sabitzer, Werner, Christopher Nkunku, Marcel Halstenberg and Yussuf Poulsen all found the net.
Werner scored again three minutes into the second half and then provided his third assist of the afternoon for Nordi Mukiele to make it 7-0 with 40 minutes still to play.
It was 8-0 when Werner swept home to complete his hat-trick three minutes from time and Leipzig's big win, coupled with Bayern's shock 5-1 loss to Eintracht Frankfurt, meant Nagelsmann's side moved above the champions and into third in the Bundesliga table, four points behind leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach.
6 - Since detailled data collection began in 2004-05, only Claudio Pizarro (4 goals + 2 assists against HSV in May 2013) has been involved in equally as many goals in a #Bundesliga game than @TimoWerner today (6). Bull. #RBLM05 pic.twitter.com/mJxHi19pac— OptaFranz (@OptaFranz) November 2, 2019
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week