Timo Werner stars as Leipzig take Mainz apart and leapfrog Bayern
The Germany striker scored a hat-trick and had three more assists as RB Leipzig beat Mainz 8-0 and went above Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga table.
RB Leipzig thrashed Mainz 8-0 and moved above Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga table as Germany international Timo Werner had a hand in six goals.
Julian Nagelsmann's team were 5-0 up at the interval after Marcel Sabitzer, Werner, Christopher Nkunku, Marcel Halstenberg and Yussuf Poulsen all found the net.
Werner scored again three minutes into the second half and then provided his third assist of the afternoon for Nordi Mukiele to make it 7-0 with 40 minutes still to play.
It was 8-0 when Werner swept home to complete his hat-trick three minutes from time and Leipzig's big win, coupled with Bayern's shock 5-1 loss to Eintracht Frankfurt, meant Nagelsmann's side moved above the champions and into third in the Bundesliga table, four points behind leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach.
6 - Since detailled data collection began in 2004-05, only Claudio Pizarro (4 goals + 2 assists against HSV in May 2013) has been involved in equally as many goals in a #Bundesliga game than @TimoWerner today (6). Bull. #RBLM05 pic.twitter.com/mJxHi19pac— OptaFranz (@OptaFranz) November 2, 2019
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online