Real Madrid: Eden Hazard goal correctly ruled out for offside
Match referee Sánchez Martínez awarded the Belgian's strike before the VAR officials chalked it off for a tight offside decision.
Eden Hazard thought he had given Real Madrid the lead in the Bernabéu when he collected the ball, cut inside on the left and hit a low shot past Betis keeper Joel and initially the referee agreed he was onside.
However, the VAR officials decided on review that Hazard was marginally offside and chalked the goal off.
“I agree he was offside,” Radio Estadio resident referee Daudén Ibáñez said after the incident.
Hazard still on one Real Madrid goal
Had it stood, the goal would have been just Hazard’s second of the season. The Belgian, who was injured earlier in the campaign, got off the mark against Granada in the Bernabéu on 5 October and has provided two assists in the league and the all-important final pass for Toni Kroos to score the only goal of the game in Real’s must-win encounter against Galatasaray.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Real Madrid, Barça and Juventus issue joint statement denouncing 'threats'
- REAL MADRID Ramos out of crucial Real Madrid match against Sevilla
- LALIGA When was Barcelona's last defeat to Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou?
- Premier League Leeds United vs Tottenham: Premier League live
- BARCELONA Barcelona attempt to sign De Ligt for a second time
- 2022 World Cup Five key sustainability features connected with Qatar 2022