Mbappé: "Real Madrid will wait for me", ex-Monaco VP told
Former Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has told Téléfoot that Kylian Mbappé plans to join Real Madrid, but felt it was too soon in 2017.
Monaco's former vice-president says Kylian Mbappé plans to join Real Madrid, but felt he was not ready for the move when he left the Principality club in 2017.
After exploding onto the scene in a 2016/17 season that saw him score 26 goals as Monaco won Ligue 1 and reached the Champions League semi-finals, Mbappé rejected Madrid's advances to instead sign for Paris Saint-Germain.
"Too soon to go to Real Madrid"
Vadim Vasilyev, who was Monaco VP during Mbappé's breakout campaign, told Téléfoot that the striker confided in him that it was "too soon to go to Real Madrid".
Vasilyev revealed: "He said to me: 'I feel like it's too early. I've only played for a year in my country, I'm from Paris... I don't want to leave France like this.
"'I want to establish myself as a top player here. Real Madrid will wait for me...'"
"The Bernabéu will applaud Mbappé"
Vasilyev went on: "It wasn't a mistake for him to choose PSG, because sooner or later Madrid will come calling for him [again]. He told me Madrid would wait for him.
"He wants to win trophies and his big obsession is the Champions League," added the Russian, who concluded: "The Bernabéu will applaud him."
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?