Kylian Mbappé reminds me of Brazil's Ronaldo - Mourinho
Kylian Mbappé has "scary" talent, according to José Mourinho, who has comapred the France star to one of the greats of the modern era.
José Mourinho has heaped praise on Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappé, saying the forward reminds him of the great Brazil striker Ronaldo.
Mbappé has scored seven goals in his past four matches for the Ligue 1 champion after a 2018-19 season in which he netted 39 times in all competitions for his club.
Manager Mourinho is a huge fan of the 20-year-old, already a World Cup winner and one of the brightest talents in football.
"The only player that comes to my mind and with who I can compare him is Ronaldo," Mourinho told Téléfoot.
"I think they [Mbappé and Ronaldo] are players with unique qualities. If you play against him, he's scary." Mbappe netted on Friday for PSG in a 2-1 defeat at Dijon.
Ronaldo, a two-time World Cup winner with Brazil, was a prolific goalscorer for PSV, Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid in a glittering career.
In addition to reminding him of the Brazilian, Mourinho also said that he was also impressed by Mbappé's character.
He added: "I spoke with Kylian for three minutes at the ceremony of the Ballon d'Or.
"He speaks with everyone with a simplicity ... remarkable, classy."
Mbappé moved from Monaco to PSG in 2017, initially on loan. Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasyliev expects Mbappé to end up at Real Madrid, like Ronaldo.
Vasyliev told Téléfoot that Mbappé said to him: "I want to become a great player here [France], Real will wait. But it will come."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move