Felix Zwayer will referee Real Madrid at Galatasaray
The German will be blowing his whistle in Turkey while Champions League final ref, Damir Skomina, will take charge of Atlético Madrid.
German referee Felix Zwayer will be in charge for the fourth Champions League group game between Real Madrid and Galatasaray, while Slovenian Damir Skomina will have the whistle for Leverkusen vs Atlético Madrid.
Madrid clubs' Champions League officials
Zwayer, who will be assisted by his compatriots Thorsten Schiffner and Marco Achmüller, rose to UEFA's elite group in 2013 and this season has already officiated the incredible 6-2 win for Salzburg over Genk in this competition. This will be his first of a game with either Los Blancos or the Turkish side, although he did oversee Madrid's city rivals Atlético in the 2-0 against Juventus last season.
Diego Simeone's men will be kept under control by Skomina, who will have his countrymen Jure Praprotnik and Robert Vukan running the lines. The referee was in charge of the second group game of Barcelona when they saw off Inter Milan 2-1.
The Slovenian has plenty experience of top level games, and was the man in the middle at Atlético's home ground, the Wanda Metropolitano, when it played host to last season's Champions League final between Liverpool and Tottenham.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports,
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Opening ceremony at Tokyo Olympics 2021: performing artists, times, TV, stream and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OlYMPIC GAMES Why is the UK called Great Britain in the Olympics? What's the difference?
- OLYMPIC GAMES 2021 What are the 2021 Tokyo Olympics mascots? What are their meanings?