Felix Zwayer will referee Real Madrid at Galatasaray
The German will be blowing his whistle in Turkey while Champions League final ref, Damir Skomina, will take charge of Atlético Madrid.
German referee Felix Zwayer will be in charge for the fourth Champions League group game between Real Madrid and Galatasaray, while Slovenian Damir Skomina will have the whistle for Leverkusen vs Atlético Madrid.
Madrid clubs' Champions League officials
Zwayer, who will be assisted by his compatriots Thorsten Schiffner and Marco Achmüller, rose to UEFA's elite group in 2013 and this season has already officiated the incredible 6-2 win for Salzburg over Genk in this competition. This will be his first of a game with either Los Blancos or the Turkish side, although he did oversee Madrid's city rivals Atlético in the 2-0 against Juventus last season.
Diego Simeone's men will be kept under control by Skomina, who will have his countrymen Jure Praprotnik and Robert Vukan running the lines. The referee was in charge of the second group game of Barcelona when they saw off Inter Milan 2-1.
The Slovenian has plenty experience of top level games, and was the man in the middle at Atlético's home ground, the Wanda Metropolitano, when it played host to last season's Champions League final between Liverpool and Tottenham.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?