Real Madrid great Guti takes charge of Almería
Former Real Madrid player Guti, 43, will lead Spanish second-tier side Almería in his first senior head coaching role.
Almería have appointed Real Madrid great Guti as head coach, the Segunda División club confirmed on Monday.
Guti replaces Pedro Emanuel at Segunda side
Spanish second-tier side Almería announced Guti's arrival in a series of tweets after the departure of Pedro Emanuel.
It is Guti's first senior coaching role, having previously coached in Madrid's youth set-up and served as an assistant at Turkish giants Besiktas.
Guti joins Almería, who are second in the Segunda table but 10 points adrift of leaders Cádiz after 14 rounds in the race for LaLiga promotion.
Almería – who last featured in LaLiga in 2014-15 – have only lost twice this season and are five games unbeaten.
The 43-year-old Guti's first match in charge will be against fifth-placed Real Zaragoza on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona's squad redesign needs to start taking shape now
- International football Zlatan facing possible FIFA ban over links to Malta betting firm
- Manchester United Solskjaer suggests Old Trafford banners to blame for home form
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Pfizer, Moderna and J&J/Janssen: who can get each, side effects, doses
- US Policing Why were no charges brought against the police officer who shot Jacob Blake?
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes