Real Madrid great Guti takes charge of Almería
Former Real Madrid player Guti, 43, will lead Spanish second-tier side Almería in his first senior head coaching role.
Almería have appointed Real Madrid great Guti as head coach, the Segunda División club confirmed on Monday.
Guti replaces Pedro Emanuel at Segunda side
Spanish second-tier side Almería announced Guti's arrival in a series of tweets after the departure of Pedro Emanuel.
It is Guti's first senior coaching role, having previously coached in Madrid's youth set-up and served as an assistant at Turkish giants Besiktas.
Guti joins Almería, who are second in the Segunda table but 10 points adrift of leaders Cádiz after 14 rounds in the race for LaLiga promotion.
Almería – who last featured in LaLiga in 2014-15 – have only lost twice this season and are five games unbeaten.
The 43-year-old Guti's first match in charge will be against fifth-placed Real Zaragoza on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: When does Trump want schools to reopen?
- Man City 4-0 Newcastle Mahrez goal sees Man City break new ground in Premier League
- World Cup 2022 World Cup 2022: environmentally friendly vehicles for the fans
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool's Rhian Brewster has “shown his talent” as Klopp looks to put faith in youngsters
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Trump says a second package will come "very soon"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho tells Spurs players that attitude "is non-negotiable"