Real Madrid great Guti takes charge of Almería
Former Real Madrid player Guti, 43, will lead Spanish second-tier side Almería in his first senior head coaching role.
Almería have appointed Real Madrid great Guti as head coach, the Segunda División club confirmed on Monday.
Guti replaces Pedro Emanuel at Segunda side
Spanish second-tier side Almería announced Guti's arrival in a series of tweets after the departure of Pedro Emanuel.
It is Guti's first senior coaching role, having previously coached in Madrid's youth set-up and served as an assistant at Turkish giants Besiktas.
Guti joins Almería, who are second in the Segunda table but 10 points adrift of leaders Cádiz after 14 rounds in the race for LaLiga promotion.
Almería – who last featured in LaLiga in 2014-15 – have only lost twice this season and are five games unbeaten.
The 43-year-old Guti's first match in charge will be against fifth-placed Real Zaragoza on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments