Real Madrid great Guti takes charge of Almería
Former Real Madrid player Guti, 43, will lead Spanish second-tier side Almería in his first senior head coaching role.
Almería have appointed Real Madrid great Guti as head coach, the Segunda División club confirmed on Monday.
Guti replaces Pedro Emanuel at Segunda side
Spanish second-tier side Almería announced Guti's arrival in a series of tweets after the departure of Pedro Emanuel.
It is Guti's first senior coaching role, having previously coached in Madrid's youth set-up and served as an assistant at Turkish giants Besiktas.
Guti joins Almería, who are second in the Segunda table but 10 points adrift of leaders Cádiz after 14 rounds in the race for LaLiga promotion.
Almería – who last featured in LaLiga in 2014-15 – have only lost twice this season and are five games unbeaten.
The 43-year-old Guti's first match in charge will be against fifth-placed Real Zaragoza on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener