Bale, Real Madrid tension set to be ratcheted up by Wales call-up
The Real Madrid player has been called up for Wales' November fixtures despite not appearing for Los Blancos since early October.
The tension between Real Madrid and Gareth Bale is set to be ratcheted up yet further, after the forward was called up to the Wales squad despite his prolonged absence from Zinedine Zidane's team.
Bale has not played for Real Madrid since start of October
Bale has not been part of a Madrid matchday squad since playing for Los Blancos in the 4-2 LaLiga win over Granada exactly a month ago.
❗️CYHOEDDIAD CARFAN | SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT❗️— Wales 🏴 (@Cymru) November 5, 2019
Here’s your Cymru squad for our final @UEFAEURO qualifying matches against Azerbaijan and Hungary later this month 🏴
🎟👉 https://t.co/z7wY8kuZ7M #TogetherStronger pic.twitter.com/F4EsaFYY2w
Indeed, having returned from the international break in mid-October with an apparent calf problem - Madrid have not offered any public details on his injury - the 30-year-old has not even been able to train with the first-team group.
Bale again trained alone at the LaLiga club's Valdebebas sports complex on Monday, and won't be back in action in time for Wednesday night's Champions League Group A clash with Galatasaray.
Wales preparing for Azerbaijan, Hungary clashes
Wales face Azerbaijan and Hungary in Euro 2020 qualifying on 16 and 19 November, respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice