Bayern: Allegri "right" for job but Toni doubts compatriot wants it
Bayern Munich should attempt to lure Massimiliano Allegri to Germany, according to their former striker Luca Toni.
Luca Toni hopes to see Massimiliano Allegri installed as Bayern Munich boss but doubts his compatriot wants the job.
Bayern are hunting for a new head coach after parting ways with Niko Kovac in the wake of the 5-1 loss to Eintracht Frankfurt.
Rangnick, Mourinho, Wenger also linked to Bayern job
Ajax's Erik ten Hag has ruled himself out of the running, leaving Ralf Rangnick, José Mourinho and Arsène Wenger as the most prominent candidates.
Allegri, a free agent since leaving Juventus in May, is another experienced option and has the backing of Toni, who spent two and a half seasons with the Bundesliga club.
"I think Allegri would be the right coach for Bayern," Toni told Sport1.
"In my opininon, Allegri will not come"
However, six-time Scudetto winner Allegri reportedly covets a Premier League opportunity and Toni believes he would reject a move to Allianz Arena.
"In my opinion, he will not come," the former Juve and Italy striker added.
Bayern president Uli Hoeness has said more will be known about Kovac's successor in the next three weeks.
Hans Flick, Joachim Löw's former Germany assistant, will lead the team on an interim basis, beginning with the Champions League home match against Olympiacos on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea defeat "a massive blow" to Liverpool's Champions League hopes, admits Klopp
- Borussia Dortmund - Bayern Munich Klassiker: Haaland a pretender to Lewandowski's throne?
- Copa del Rey Athletic Bilbao could win Copa del Rey twice in two weeks
- PSG Neymar: PSG face Lille issue over international fixtures
- NFL Broncos want to bring back Von Miller – George Paton