Giggs: "I've spoken with Bale and he's confident he'll be fit"
The Welsh national team coach has called up the Real Madrid striker for the crucial Euro 2020 qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Hungary.
The Welsh FA confirmed their squad list for the key forthcoming Euro 2020 qualifying games as Wales travel to Azerbaijan before facing Hungary at home.
In his press conference to announce the squad, first team coach Ryan Giggs explained why Real Madrid's Gareth Bale is on this list with the player currently missing first team football for his club due to injury.
Giggs stated :"Gareth picked up a minor injury in the game against Croatia and despite his current fitness level being of concern, he has assured us that he will arrive fit when the squad convenes. We're constantly in touch and when I last spoke to him, he assured me that he would be ready for the games. Giggs added that: "the perfect thing would be for him to have some game time with Madrid before hooking up with the national team".
❗️CYHOEDDIAD CARFAN | SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT❗️— Wales 🏴 (@Cymru) November 5, 2019
Here’s your Cymru squad for our final @UEFAEURO qualifying matches against Azerbaijan and Hungary later this month 🏴
🎟👉 https://t.co/z7wY8kuZ7M #TogetherStronger pic.twitter.com/F4EsaFYY2w
Wales Euro 2020 dreams on the line
Wales face two critical games with their hope of an automatic qualification for Euro 2020 in the balance as they face Azerbaijan in Baku on November 16 before facing Hungary in Cardiff on November 19.
Gareth Bale has missed the past four games for the club with injury ruling the striker out of recent games against Mallorca, Leganés and Betis in LaLiga along with the Galatasaray Champions League match in Istanbul. The Welshman has also been ruled out of match-day four of the UCL when the Turkish champions visit the Spanish capital on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?