Mbappé: PSG prepare staggering offer to ward off Real Madrid
PSG reportedly plan to offer Kylian Mbappé a salary in the region of that of team mate Neymar in a bid to fend off the advances of Real Madrid.
Paris Saint Germain are reportedly set to present Kylian Mbappé with an enormous offer to stay at the club amid speculation that Real Madrid plan to make a swipe for the player in the summer.
The world’s most valuable player, Mbappé has been repeatedly linked with Madrid and is understood to look favourably on a potential move to the Spanish capital.
Earlier this week, former Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev revealed that Mbappé, then a Monaco player, had told him that his ultimate intentions were to join the Spanish giants but felt a move in 2017 was “too soon”, prompting his decision to sign for PSG.
Even Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane acknowledged in his latest press conference on Tuesday that it was the French forward's dream to play for Los Blancos.
PSG plan to put Mbappé on par with Neymar
Aware that their young star may now be leaning towards a summer switch to Madrid after three seasons in Paris, PSG plan to offer him close to 40 million euros a year in a bid to convince him to stay at Parc de Princes, according to French daily El Parisien.
Such a wage hike would put the 20-year-old on par with team mate Neymar, who earns a reported 36.8 million euros a season.
El Parisien also claims that Madrid president Florentino Peréz is willing to pay 300 million euros to make Mbappé the club’s next Galáctico signing.
Madrid know that the World Cup winner has aspirations to add the Champions League and Ballon d’Or to his list of honours, something which he fills will be difficult to achieve in Paris.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Odegaard future comes down to Zidane plans
- Premier League Premier League: how many and which matches can be watched on the BBC?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League may introduce artificial crowd noise
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check US: EIP Cards being mistaken for scam, junk mail
- United States Trump on Minneapolis unrest: "when the looting starts the shooting starts"
- GEORGE FLOYD DEATH George Floyd Memorial Fund: how much has GoFundMe page raised?