Real Madrid: Vinicius misses out on Champions League squad
Zinedine Zidane has left the Brazilian attacker out of the squad for the visit of Galatasaray with Lucas Vázquez coming in for the Liga side.
Zinedine Zidane has elected to leave Vinicius Junior out of the Real Madrid squad for the must-win Champions League game against Galatasaray on Wednesday, dropping the Brazilian from his match day list for the second time in three fixtures.
Lucas Vázquez comes into the squad after sitting out the 0-0 draw against Betis at the weekend, adding more experience to the right hand side if needed with Álvaro Odriozola also failing to make the cut for the visit of the Turkish giants.
Rodrygo, who appears to have usurped his compatriot in Zidane’s thinking up front, is included alongside Karim Benzema, Luka Jovic and Eden Hazard, who provided the assist for Toni Kroos as Madrid won 1-0 in the reverse fixture in Istanbul but is still seeking his first Champions League goal for Madrid.
Also missing out are Brahim Díaz and Mariano, who have managed nine minutes between them in all competitions this season, as well as the injured Gareth Bale, James Rodríguez, Nacho and Marco Asensio.
Real Madrid squad for Galatasaray
Keepers: Courtois, Areola, Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militao, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco.
Delanteros: Hazard, Benzema, Lucas Vázquez, Jovic, Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- DISNEY+ Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- 2020 US ELECTIONS US elections: What's Trump's plan to deal with Coronavirus?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how could mail voting affect the result?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?