Real Madrid team news ahead of Galatasaray clash
Zinedine Zidane will be without four players as his Real Madrid side look to make it back-to-back victories over Galatasaray following their 1-0 win in Istanbul.
Real Madrid exercised for the third and last time on Tuesday ahead of their Champions League clash with Galatasaray at the Bernabéu on Wednesday night.
Coach Zinedine Zidane will be without Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez, Marco Asensio and Nacho, all through injury, with the latter two being long-term absentees.
Welsh forward Bale continues his recovery from an injury picked up while on international duty last month and has yet to re-join training with his team mates.
The 30-year-old, who had been working out in the gym and alone on the grass since last week, trained indoors at Madrid’s Valdebebas training ground on Tuesday, as did his Colombian team mate James, who is expected to return next week.
Zidane welcomes back Modric and Lucas Vázquez
For this Champions League meeting, Zidane welcomes back Luka Modric, who was unavailable for the away leg in Istanbul on October 21, due to a muscle injury. The Croatian made his first full appearance since his return from injury against Betis at the weekend and will be expected to start against Galatasaray on Wednesday.
Lucas Vázquez will also be available. The Spanish midfielder also missed the flight to Turkey two weeks ago due to a calf injury and has not featured since Champions League tie against Club Brugges on October 1, meaning he is unlikely to make Zidane’s starting XI.
Madrid will be looking to make it back-to-back victories over Galatasaray following their 1-0 win in Istanbul, after two previous disappointing results against PSG (0-3) and Club Brugges (2-2) had put their qualification hopes in jeopardy.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid