Al Rayyan want to sign Real Madrid striker Mariano
Having failed to sign Diego Costa and Mario Mandzukic in the summer, the Qatari club has now set its sights on landing out-of-favour Mariano Diaz.
Out-of-favour Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz is now a target of Qatari side Al Rayyan, according to what AS has learned.
The Spanish-Dominican striker has struggled to tie down a regular place for himself at Real Madrid since his arrival from Valencia in the summer of 2018. In August, the 26-year-old lost the number 7 shirt to new signing Eden Hazard and has yet to feature for coach Zinedine Zidane this season.
Al Rayyan, meanwhile, had been looking to sign a top-level centre forward in the summer. The Qatari outfit had made contact with Atletico Madrid’s Diego Costa and Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic but was unable to advance talks with either player.
Al Rayyan set sights on Mariano
Now, Mariano has become the number one priority for Al Rayyan’s management, who would have no issue in matching or improving Mariano’s current two-million-euro-a-season deal at Real Madrid.
Madrid would likely look favourably on a decent offer for the Spain international, who is understood to have no long-term future at the Bernabéu under Zidane.
Al Rayyan sources have confirmed the club’s interest in Mariano to AS, with Uruguayan coach Diego Aguirre and several of the club’s influential players approving of the operation to sign the unwanted Madrid striker.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays