Al Rayyan want to sign Real Madrid striker Mariano
Having failed to sign Diego Costa and Mario Mandzukic in the summer, the Qatari club has now set its sights on landing out-of-favour Mariano Diaz.
Out-of-favour Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz is now a target of Qatari side Al Rayyan, according to what AS has learned.
The Spanish-Dominican striker has struggled to tie down a regular place for himself at Real Madrid since his arrival from Valencia in the summer of 2018. In August, the 26-year-old lost the number 7 shirt to new signing Eden Hazard and has yet to feature for coach Zinedine Zidane this season.
Al Rayyan, meanwhile, had been looking to sign a top-level centre forward in the summer. The Qatari outfit had made contact with Atletico Madrid’s Diego Costa and Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic but was unable to advance talks with either player.
Al Rayyan set sights on Mariano
Now, Mariano has become the number one priority for Al Rayyan’s management, who would have no issue in matching or improving Mariano’s current two-million-euro-a-season deal at Real Madrid.
Madrid would likely look favourably on a decent offer for the Spain international, who is understood to have no long-term future at the Bernabéu under Zidane.
Al Rayyan sources have confirmed the club’s interest in Mariano to AS, with Uruguayan coach Diego Aguirre and several of the club’s influential players approving of the operation to sign the unwanted Madrid striker.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion