Alba suffers injury recurrence, Piqué suspended for Dortmund
Piqué has been booked three times and will serve a one-game suspension while Jordi Alba was taken off at half-time due to a hamstring injury.
Jordi Alba was taken off at half-time of Barcelona's 0-0 draw with Slavia Prague on Tuesday night. The left-back was grabbing as his hamstring late in the opening 45 and it was obvious that he wasn't comfortable. He was replaced by Sergi Roberto at the break.
The club sent out a statement during the game stating that the player had been taken off due to "discomfort in his left hamstring". It is the same injury he suffered against Borussia Dortmund and he missed almost a month of action.
Pending an assessment, it seems he will not return before the international break. The injury we are talking about has a recovery timeframe of at least three weeks. Alba did not play against Levante but he is obviously not 100% given his injury in the first half at Camp Nou on Tuesday.
Piqué will not play against Borussia Dortmund
Meanwhile, Piqué picked up his third yellow card in the Champions League and will miss Barça's next game. He will not play in the Borussia Dortmund game at the Camp Nou on November 27.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?