Alba suffers injury recurrence, Piqué suspended for Dortmund
Piqué has been booked three times and will serve a one-game suspension while Jordi Alba was taken off at half-time due to a hamstring injury.
Jordi Alba was taken off at half-time of Barcelona's 0-0 draw with Slavia Prague on Tuesday night. The left-back was grabbing as his hamstring late in the opening 45 and it was obvious that he wasn't comfortable. He was replaced by Sergi Roberto at the break.
The club sent out a statement during the game stating that the player had been taken off due to "discomfort in his left hamstring". It is the same injury he suffered against Borussia Dortmund and he missed almost a month of action.
Pending an assessment, it seems he will not return before the international break. The injury we are talking about has a recovery timeframe of at least three weeks. Alba did not play against Levante but he is obviously not 100% given his injury in the first half at Camp Nou on Tuesday.
Piqué will not play against Borussia Dortmund
Meanwhile, Piqué picked up his third yellow card in the Champions League and will miss Barça's next game. He will not play in the Borussia Dortmund game at the Camp Nou on November 27.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea vs Tottenham: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- Guardiola backs Sterling and predicts total commitment from Man City stars
- Liverpool-Atlético Klopp: Atletico defeat was good because it felt 'really bad'
- BARCELONA LA Galaxy manager responds to Lionel Messi transfer rumours
- LEGANÉS Barcelona: Braithwaite deal "fucked us" says Leganes boss
- BARCELONA Barcelona are not distracted by off-field issues, says Setién