Real Madrid: Achraf has what Zidane wants
The all-purpose full-back has scored four goals in this year's Champions League campaign and six in all competitions.
As Real Madrid's struggles in front of goal continue, one player out on loan is beginning to shine on European and domestic stages.
Achraf's Champions League goals soreley missed at Real Madrid
Achraf, who turned 21 on Monday, joined Borussia Dortmund on loan in the summer of 2018 and, after scoring a brace against Inter on Tuesday, has now scored more in the Champions League than the whole Madrid team put together. His four goals - including another brace against Slavia Prague - is more than Madrid, who face Galatasaray on Wednesday evening, have managed so far. At this stage of the competition, only two players have scored more: Haaland (seven goals in four games for Salzburg) and Lewandowski (five goals in three games for Bayern).
A welcome addition to the Madrid squad
In addition to his four Champions League goals, Achraf has another two in the Bundesliga, against Cologne and Freiburg, both away from home. That is a total of six goals so far this season, which would put him one behind Madrid's leading scorer Karim Benzema (7). Bale, Casemiro, Ramos and Rodrygo have all scored two, while Vinicius, Jovic, James, Lucas Vázquez, Hazard and Modric have one apiece.
In short, Achraf's form is catching the eye, with his versatility prompting Lucien Favre to play him on both wings, either in defence or midfield, and he has already doubled his goal tally from last year.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Setién: Barcelona boss unfazed by talk of the sack
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester: Jamie Vardy brings up his 100th Premier League goal
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Aston Villa: Premier League match preview
- NASCAR Cup Series NASCAR Cup Series: how and where to watch the Big Machine 400 race, times, TV, online
- NASCAR CUP SERIES Who is Jimmie Johnson, the NASCAR driver who tested positive for coronavirus?
- USA | July 4th How old is America on July 4th 2020 and what was its population when founded?