Real Madrid: Achraf has what Zidane wants
The all-purpose full-back has scored four goals in this year's Champions League campaign and six in all competitions.
As Real Madrid's struggles in front of goal continue, one player out on loan is beginning to shine on European and domestic stages.
Achraf's Champions League goals soreley missed at Real Madrid
Achraf, who turned 21 on Monday, joined Borussia Dortmund on loan in the summer of 2018 and, after scoring a brace against Inter on Tuesday, has now scored more in the Champions League than the whole Madrid team put together. His four goals - including another brace against Slavia Prague - is more than Madrid, who face Galatasaray on Wednesday evening, have managed so far. At this stage of the competition, only two players have scored more: Haaland (seven goals in four games for Salzburg) and Lewandowski (five goals in three games for Bayern).
A welcome addition to the Madrid squad
In addition to his four Champions League goals, Achraf has another two in the Bundesliga, against Cologne and Freiburg, both away from home. That is a total of six goals so far this season, which would put him one behind Madrid's leading scorer Karim Benzema (7). Bale, Casemiro, Ramos and Rodrygo have all scored two, while Vinicius, Jovic, James, Lucas Vázquez, Hazard and Modric have one apiece.
In short, Achraf's form is catching the eye, with his versatility prompting Lucien Favre to play him on both wings, either in defence or midfield, and he has already doubled his goal tally from last year.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?